Friday, August 19, 2011

Red Sox Beat KC On The Road...Youk On 15 Disabled List

The Boston Red Sox defeated the KC Royals by a score of 4-3 but there was bad news to accompany the good. Kevin Youkilis was placed on the 15 day disabled list because of back woes. He's had the pain on and off all year and Boston wants to rest Youk and his back for an extended period of time. He joins Big Papi David Ortiz on the bench, which makes it tough when it comes to scoring runs..

Thursday night in KC, in the first of four games with KC, it was the three RBIs from cleanup hitter Pedey Pedroia and the seven three runs innings from Josh Beckett that broke their losing streak...finally. Bard and Papelbon were perfect in the eighth and ninth innings and Josh finally earned his tenth victory. He deserved it, too but he clearly wasn't in favor with the Seattle to Boston trip with no day off involved. Here is Mr. Beckett on exactly that...

I don't know how they expect them to still score eight runs after coming back from Seattle, having half an off day and then go get 'em for three games in a day and a half. ... I don't who the fuck agreed to that. It was the dumbest thing I've ever seen."
This travel has been horrible. I don't know how they expect them to still score eight runs after coming back from Seattle, having half an off day and then go get 'em for three games in a day and a half. I don't who the [expletive] agreed to that. It was the dumbest thing I've ever seen."

I completely agree with our ace. But last night, the four runs scored by Boston were enough to do the job. Here are the pitching match ups for the remaining three games in KC.

Fri. 19 at KC 8:10 PM ET NESN/FxKC A. Miller (4-1) vs. J. Francis (4-13)
Sat. 20 at KC 7:10 PM ET NESN/FxKC T. Wakefield (6-5) vs. F. Paulino (1-5)
Sun. 21 at KC 2:10 PM ET NESN/FxKC J. Lester (12-6) vs. D. Duffy (3-7

Thast's all I have for you right now. I hope your Friday will be a spectacular one, click on this post's title to see all the highlights and as always, BE WELL.

2 Comments:

At 8/19/2011 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am EXTREMELY upset about this. And. Um. I mean. I know I didn't SAY it, so to speak. But I thought it was implied that you were in charge, Peter. I thought that you got that memo.
Why did you put Kevin Youkilis on the DL, Peter? WHY?

 
At 8/20/2011 6:20 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I didn't. He, Papi and Pedey are this year's team spark plugs. I know you're just kidding but the ache inside makes me sure. That's 1/3 of our suddenly less potent lineup. We'll get through this but as you know, backs are tricky things.

Nice to hear from you. In the past two weeks I wasn't feeling 100% and it shows in my posts. I hope finds you well. GO SOX. GO TIMMY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home