Sunday, July 17, 2011

BoSox Bats Overcome An "OK" Lackey Start...9-5 Boston Over Tampa Bay

You can't say John Lackey doesn't care. HE DOES! He showed his emotions on the mound yesterday as he was pulled with two outs in the sixth inning. He gave up 10 hits and four runs, three earned, in that span. He whiffed seven. You can't call it a quality start but the man pitched the best that he could. Here he is...

“Arm-strength wise, the last three starts I’ve felt definitely better than I’ve felt at the beginning of the year, for sure. What happened in the first half of the season happened; can’t do anything about that now. But I’m going to go out there, compete my butt off and try to win every time I go out there.”

That's exactly what he looked like he was trying to do and he showed those emotions every pitch of the way. With no Lester for another week and no date on Buchholz' return, Lackey is a needed commodity. And that's putting it mildly. Frankly, looking at this current Boston pitching rotation gives me the shivers. How are they still in first place? We're not even sure if Beckett and his knee will be good to go tonight. I sure hope so. I'll say it again. I sure hope so.

Enjoy the ESPN game tonight and don't forget to click on this post's title for more Sox. Have a great Sunday, feel good and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home