Tuesday, July 12, 2011

***ALL STAR DAY 2011**

Robinson Cano edged out Adrian Gonzalez in the home run derby. Cano clubbed 32 home runs while Gonzalez blasted 31. I enjoyed it...it turned into a Yankee/Red Sox type of thing. The real deal, the MLB All Star game, will be tonight shortly after 8pm EDT. The game has meaning, no matter how controversial that meaning is. The winner of the game, NL or AL, will dictate who has home field advantage in the World Series. I pick the American League to win it...they have too much power for their cohorts in the NL.

That's it for today. Do you think you know a lot about this parade of stars celebration? Just click on this post's title to be zapped to the Boston Globe's Red Sox home page. There, front and center, you can click and play a trivia type quiz all about the annual event. It's a timed quiz and it's not easy.

I hope your Tuesday will be a great one. It's supposed to go up into the mid 90s here with a healthy (it's not healthy) dose of humidity. My a/c has been on since yesterday afternoon. Enjoy that trivia game. I'm going to try it right now. I hope you do the same. Now get ready for Jared Weaver versus Roy "Doc" Halladay. Here are the starting lineups, from me to you. As always, be well. I'll see you.

AL
1. Granderson, CF
2. Cabrera, SS
3. Gonzalez, 1B**
4. Bautista, RF
5. Hamilton, LF
6. Beltre, 3B
7. Ortiz, DH**
8. Cano, 2B
9. Avila, C

NL
1. Weeks, 2B
2. Beltran, DH
3. Kemp, CF
4. Fielder, 1B
5. McCann, C
6. Berkman, RF
7. Holliday, LF
8. Tulowitzki, SS
9. Rolen, 3B

2 Comments:

At 7/12/2011 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so not into the all star game this year! and i don't know why! it's so random whether i'm excited about it or not. eh. i might watch part of it. i mean, i like winning. and you're right. it's going to be a stomp. Nl has no chance.

 
At 7/13/2011 5:27 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I had a better time watching the HR Derby than I would have if I'd watched the game. Guess what...I fell asleep at 8pm. Gonzo hit a tater, though, but Beckett still feels discomfort in his knee. I saw that injury happen at the Fens. It was just a little slip. It doesn't take much, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home