Sunday, June 19, 2011

Brewers Beat Boston 4-2...Lester Strong Late...The Big Man Leaves The Sounds Of Silence In His Wonderful Wake

John Lackey, after giving up two runs in the first inning and two more in the third, settled down and found his groove but it was too late. The mighty Boston bats were quiet for a change and the Red Sox scored only a pair of safeties. Lester thought that if he held the Brew Crew to those four tallies, his team might have the chance to come back, but it was not to be, not yesterday. In all he threw 115 pitches and gave up seven hits and three earned runs in the losing cause. Here's Jon Lester...

"We lost. Yeah, you can sit back and say there were some positives. With the way it started, it could have been a lot worse. I just tried to minimize the damage and keep the guys in the game. Obviously, with the way we've been swinging the bat lately, I thought, for sure, if I kept them where they were at, but you've got to tip your hat to Randy Wolf tonight. I got deep in the game. Sometimes it's tough throwing against teams you don't really know, especially early on. You're trying to feel them out, figure out what their game plan is against you -- and, obviously, they were very aggressive. We made the adjustment later and started to get some outs."

But it was too late. The offerings of Milwaukee pitcher Randy Wolff did not result in enough runs. Hey, you can't win 'em all, I guess. But there's another game today as Timmy Wakefield will face Yovani Gollaro, whose name does not ring a bell with me. A win today would be big so GO LESTER...GO SOX!

I have a ton of things to do today in preparation of my Mom's funeral on Tuesday. I'm really going to miss her although because of her Alzheimer's, she really wasn't mentally "there" the past year or so. But she always had a smile for me, even when she didn't know who I was. She left her pain behind, and that's good. I'll miss you, Mom. So much.

Thank you for stopping in on this sad (for me) Sunday, a bright and cloudless day. I'd like to say "rest in peace" to E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons, who passed yesterday. Big Man, you gave me so much joy these past 38 years. Thank you. Click on this post's title for more on the Big Man and as always, BE WELL. Hang in there...that's exactly what I'm trying to do. See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home