Sunday, May 01, 2011

WILL THE REAL RED SOX PLEASE STAND UP ?

I don't know what's wrong with this topsey-turvey team called the Boston Red Sox. Lackey and the bullpen held Seattle to two measly runs but the offense left eleven men in scoring position, time after time after time. After the game, Dustin Pedroia, the scrappiest guy out there, had these words of frustration...

“We can’t score, man. We’re fighting to get it going. It’s frustrating. I’m not even sure what to say. We’re being tested. We have to find a way.’’

Boy, he got that right. This was one of the most frustrating games I've seen in a very long time and reliving it by writing about it would be a very unpleasant experience. So I won't. But I will tell you that Clay Buchholz has been scratched from today's game because he's recovering from a stomach bug. Hey guys, get your butts out of last place!! GO TIM!

4 Comments:

At 5/01/2011 8:27 AM, Anonymous RedSoxFanInNJ said...

Your title expresses exacty how I feel! It was so hard to watch this game. It wasn't exactly King Felix out there this time. Oh wait - that's Sunday's game.

 
At 5/01/2011 9:45 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

THANK YOU for that. I knew I wasn't alone, not by a long shot. Right now on May Day, I don't know what to expect but if the pitching is there, thongs can only get better.....I hope.

 
At 5/01/2011 9:46 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

NOT thongs, things! I made me laugh, NOT on purpose.

 
At 5/01/2011 9:47 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Nothing wrong with thongs, tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home