Sunday, May 15, 2011

Boston's Josh Beckett Shuts Down The Yankees...REMDOG Back Monday

Let's face it. The Boston Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett is back, back with a vengeance. He shut out the NY Yankees over six innings, allowing only four hits. He whiffed nine and walked two and lowered his ERA to 1.75. Albers took care of the seventh and eighth and Hill completed the whitewash. Boston is now (and I'm frightened to say it) only one game below .500. Let's see if they can break their own trend and win tonight with Jon Lester going. Here's Red Sox manager Terry Francona on his Saturday starter...

“We had a lot of confidence in him. We always have. He worked hard. He said at the end of last year that he’d come back with a vengeance and I think he has.’’

Adrian Gonzalez’s three-run Ichiro style home run in the seventh inning helped secure the win for Beckett, who has not allowed a run in 14 innings against the Yankees this season. Jacoby Ellsbury, who had two hits to raise his average to .301, added a two-run double. Here the man himself, Josh Beckett...

“I’m making pitches when I need to and guys are playing great defense. That’s really it, there’s no secret to it."

Games like this are fun to watch. It was a great pitcher's duel that turned into a resounding Boston win. That's what I like, especially when we play the pinstripers. I have more good news for you. Our beloved Jerry Remy will be back in the booth on Monday. He was battling a stubborn form of pneumonia. It had nothing to do his cancer, thank God. Here he is...

"Well, I'm sure it (cancer) is in the back of a lot of people's minds. But, I mean, I would be honest if something was seriously wrong with me. I would be honest with people. It’s not the case, it's really not. It has just been a drawn out two-week battle with pneumonia."

We can't wait to see and hear you on NESN. We love you, Jerry. I hope everyone has a great Sunday and I thank you for stopping by. You can click on this post's title for more on the Sox and as always, BE WELL.

2 Comments:

At 5/15/2011 7:35 PM, Blogger A red sox fan said...

YES! the Red Sox shut em down

 
At 5/16/2011 3:59 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Shut 'em up and shut 'em down. Sweep. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home