Saturday, April 02, 2011

A Boston Red Sox Letdown In Game One

The Boston Red Sox opened their 2011 campaign and there are not many, if any, good things I could mention about the game and the performance of my team. They were soundly beaten by the AL champs, the Texas Rangers, by a score of 9-5. Jon Lester started for the Red Sox and was unimpressive, giving up five runs in 5 1/3 innings. He allowed three home runs and could not do what he wanted to do. His zip wasn't there. His velocity was missing. The movement on his pitches was almost nonexistent. Other than that, he was fabulous. Ha ha. The game was still close when Danny Bard entered in the eighth inning. He couldn't get three outs. Sickening. Here he is...

“It sucks to be the one to give it away, but I thought I made quality pitches all day. You’ve got to ignore the results sometime. Three inches to the left and that’s a foul ball and we’re having a different conversation. Nobody wants to start this way, but I think we’ll look back on this and be laughing in a couple of months.’’

Maybe in a few months Dan, but not now. The two teams play again tonight at 8pm EDT but they'll be going up against CBS coverage of the Final Four men's basketball tournament. That's where I'll be, rooting for the Connecticut Huskies. The Red Sox are an afterthought until Connecticut wins it all or is eliminated. That goes for the men's AND the women's teams.

I hope your weekend will be a good one. You can click on this post's title for more Sox coverage and as always, BE WELL. Go Sox. GO HUSKIES!

2 Comments:

At 4/02/2011 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Papi got a homer. That's something number one. Something number two? The last time we started a season like this was 2007- and I enjoyed 2007.

 
At 4/03/2011 7:01 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey there! I know it's too early, WAY TOO EARLY, to worry but I expected more from Lackey and Lester's first starts. We're fine. I thing everybody who likes the Sox loved 2007, and 2004, come to think of it.

Great to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home