Friday, April 29, 2011

Boston Red Sox Finally Beat The O's, Thanks To Jon Lester

Thursday night' s game in Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland went according to plan, just as the first two should have. Boston beat the Birdies by a of score of 6-2 and Jon Lester remains undefeated against the team with a sterling record of 14-0. In eight innings, Jon allowed two runs on four hits, walking three and whiffing five. Lester was asked after the game what is it about pitching against Baltimore? He said...

“If I knew the answer to that, I’d do well against everybody. I just pitch well against this team. … I just really don’t know. I’m aware of the track record I have against them, but I don’t know how to explain it. I feel comfortable against them. I really like pitching here at this park, I’ve always felt good here.”

And Red Sox manager Tito Francona gave his assessment on his pitcher's performance...

“He threw his changeup about as good as he’s ever thrown. Some of those hitters, he really slowed them down. He was really good and he needed to be to give us enough time. He gave us a chance.”

Oh yes, he did and he knew his team was determined to take this contest. Today, Matsuzaka and the Mariners' Vargas will take the hill at Fenway Park. Enjoy the game tonight and don't watch TOO much coverage of the Royal wedding. For your own sanity.

Click on this post's title for more on our Sox and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home