Sunday, April 17, 2011

Behind Josh Beckett, Red Sox Win

Agree with me before I type anything. OK? Josh Beckett looked like his old self, striking out guys with pinpoint control and being in command throughout his seven innings. Yes, he was THAT good. His ERA is back to a Beckett-like 1.80. He had all his pitches working. He was on top of his game. Bard and Papelbon finished with a goose egg each and voila, the Sox win! Here is Josh...

"I definitely pushed myself a little bit more. I definitely felt good today. That was one of the things where on a day game like today, where maybe the energy is down a little bit, that's a way of picking myself up. I think execution-wise and health-wise and everything, I definitely think my last two starts were a notch above what I was most of the year last year.

Make no mistake about it. This is the news ALL fans of the Boston Red Sox have been waiting to hear. Big-time. Now for Mr. Lackey. Hmmm. You're next, John. I'll leave it at that and we'll see you Monday on the left coast. And I'll see you, my Constant Readers, first thing Monday morning, if not before. Click on the post's title for more on the Sox and as always, BE WELL.

2 Comments:

At 4/17/2011 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a fantastic game. and lester's pitching today! so happy he switched with dice-k. not ready to come down from this...

 
At 4/18/2011 5:24 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Lester didn't let you down! Are you ready for some morning baseball?? I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home