Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Sharpness On The Boston Red Sox Mound

The Boston Red Sox had a really good afternoon yesterday down in warm Ft. Myers, Florida as they defeated the Minnesota Twins by a score of 5-0. Ah yes. John Lester, who won 19 games last year, started and went the first two innings, giving up zilch on ZERO hits. Aceves did the same exact thing. Aceves will be a great addition to this club from Boston. Jonathon Papelbon took care of the no-run fifth efficiently with only SIX PITCHES. Here's Jon Lester...

“I’m just glad the first one’s done because that one always seems to give me the hardest trouble,” the big lefty said. “I feel good, that’s the main thing.”

And here's Paps...

“I was pleased. It’s something that I’ve taken from the end of the season last year when I was throwing the ball really well,” he said. “I’ve tried to take that into this spring and it looks like I’ve been able to do that.”

Take us away, Jon and Paps. We're ready. It'll be the 2011 ride to the toppermost of the poppermost, as John Lennon used to say to his bandmates before they had their first "number one." So everything went well on Tuesday down in the warm section of the nation. More to come a little later. As always, BE WELL and always seek for that place called the "toppermost of the poppermost." I do but I haven't found it yet. But I'm slowly getting there. I WILL FIND IT. Thanks. Click on this post's title for more on our ace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home