Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tito & Theo..8 Years Together

Those years were eight wildly successful years, at least most of 'em. 2004 and 2007 are the highlights. Hey, Tito and Theo averaged 93.4 wins during those eight years. For some people, those years have been the highlight of their Red Sox Nation love affair. I go back a little farther than that magic time but so what. Here's Tito Francona, the skipper...

“The best way you can judge it is we’re (Theo & Tito) going on our eighth year now in a really crazy place. If you didn’t have an extremely strong relationship, you’d have no chance in this market. There’s a lot of trust. We have our moments, which I think you’re supposed to. I don’t think he would want somebody to be the manager of his team and not have a strong opinion. And I value his opinion a lot; he knows that. It’s good. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve learned that being a manager, you’re worried about today. Being the general manager, you need to be a little bit more of a caretaker of the organization. I’ve learned to respect that a little bit more.'

In my mind, there is no better combination in all of major league baseball that can match Tito and Theo. You know what? We Red Sox Nation members are a lucky bunch and the love will flow throughout the 2011 season. I guarantee it and I can't wait. Have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll see you tomorrow if not sooner. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home