Friday, February 11, 2011

RAY ALLEN SETS NBA 3 POINT MARK

Walter Ray Allen did it! Although his Boston Celtics hosted and lost to the visiting LA Lakers, last night in Boston was a very special night. Fans of the Boston Celtics and Ray Allen must have been happy (I was) when Walter Ray hit the tie breaking three that put him one past Reggie Miller's previous three point record and propelled him into history. Here he is, Ray of Hartford, Connecticut...

"What I thought about is: 'Is it really going to happen? I know I only needed two 3s, and on any other day, any other game, it seems like it would happen just like that. I wouldn't have to think about it. But that second three, it seemed like it was slow motion for me, because I saw the whole thing develop. As I've gotten older, I play the game and I can see it, somewhat in a second motion so to speak. Where the ball kind of comes slow, like somebody is slow-motioning on TV. That's exactly how it felt, because the minute we got the stop and Rajon Rondo got the ball, in my mind it just started, and I just said to myself, 'This is it.'

You did it and we're happy, Ray. Thanks for everything...the UCONN years and your NBA years, including those with my favorite hoop team, THE GREEN. We love you. Keep it going. Click on this post's title for more on last night's basketball game in Boston, stay warm and as always, BE WELL. I'm here for you.

2 Comments:

At 2/11/2011 9:46 AM, Blogger http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...

Allen’s record number of made three-pointers is quite an accomplishment. His percentage from behind the arc is very impressive as well. I think the 3-point shot is the most exciting play in basketball.

 
At 2/12/2011 4:59 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

There's an electricity as the ball gains altitude and starts its magic arc down towards the basket, always seemingly in slow motion. Yes, it's exciting.

I took my dad before he passed away to a Celtics game when they were still playing four games per year, two pre-season and two regular season, in the Hartford Civic Center. Our seats were three rows above the Celtics bench. These were the years of McHale, the Chief, Larry, DJ and Danny, and at the end of THIS game, the Celts were down by two with 4 tics of the clock left. Larry is passed the ball in the left corner, JUST in front of us, and darn if he didn't bury his shot in the net. The crowd rose as one. Mr. Bird had done it again. I looked at my dad, he at me, and we hugged. I get emotional thinking of that moment. Thanks 1981. You brought back a great memory. If you go back to my blog and put in "Auerbach's Death," there is a post with the entire story of that magic night in Hartford.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home