Thursday, February 10, 2011

Boston's Adrian Gonzalez Recovering & Getting Ready For 2011

Adrian Gonzalez, one of the two HUGE Theo Epstein pick ups for the 2011 team, is working on his recovery. After having surgery on his right (non-throwing) shoulder after last season, he's able to throw, catch and field grounders at first base right now. But hitting is still a few weeks away. Will he be ready for Opening Day?

“I can’t give you a day. All I know is I’ll be ready for Opening Day. I would assume I’m ahead of schedule. I just didn’t know if it’s a couple of days or a week. Workouts are normal now, not limited. I’m getting full range of motion back. I’m not holding anything back. I’m getting my work in. I’m getting ready for the season. I’m doing what I have to do to be 100 percent when the season starts. The main thing is for me to get healthy.’’

AMEN, Adrian. The Boston Red Sox need you this upcoming season. Youkilis has moved over to the "hot corner." Pedey will be at second and Scutaro or Lowrie will be manning the shortstop position. I, for one, cannot wait to see you stride to the plate with two runners on base. Wall ball? More? Over everything? We'll see starting in a little less than two months.

Have a terrific Thursday and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home