Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Geddy & Okie Back With Red Sox Organization..A Gullywhomper Is On The Way

Rich Gedman is officially back with the Boston Red Sox organization. He'll be the hitting coach for the Lowell Spinners. I've always liked Rich and to know that he's a part of Red Sox Nation makes me feel good indeed, mighty good. Here's part of what he had to say...

“It’s nice to be back with the Red Sox after spending so much of my youth there. I’ve been in contact with the organization over the years about potential openings and job opportunities and this was the time it worked for them. I didn’t invent anything but I can pass on the things I learned from people like Walt Hriniak when I played. Baseball is a way to keep young. But that comes with success and how you handle pressure helps you have that success. Lowell seems like a good fit but I would have been happy to go anywhere. However I can help the Red Sox is fine with me. I haven’t thought about the future beyond this season.”

It's great to have you back, Geddy. Another guy who will be back, this time with the big club, is Hideki Okajima. He and the Boston Red Sox have finalized a $1.75 million, one-year contract. Okie had some tough times in 2010 and I'm hoping he can reverse them

Now as for winter, we are in the path of a real gullywhomper. For the uninitiated, a gullywhomper was the phrase made popular here by Hilton Kaderli, a television meteorologist much loved by his viewers fifteen or so years ago. Whad does it mean? It means a storm packed with winds and precipitation, in tomorrow's case, SNOW. More than a foot and quite possibly 20 inches are forecast for north central Connecticut. The grocery stores will be mobbed and I'll be just one guy in the middle of that mob later today. Willingly. Why? Travel will be next to impossible all day Wednesday so food and beer has to be in abundance before then. I'll be happy as long as we do not lose our electricity. Anything but that.

Well, that's a wrap for Tuesday, the calm before the storm. My next post, which will be transferred from my brain to this blog early Wednesday morning, will be written while the snow falls. I'll have much more on this developing weather big deal. And yes, it is a big deal. Click on this post's title for more and as always, BE WELL. Thanks for stopping in. See you soon.

2 Comments:

At 1/11/2011 10:14 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Yeah, we enjoyed that snowstorm yesterday, as it moves up the Ohio valley toward your neck of the woods. We had 4 or 5 inches, and this a.m. single digit temperatures with 20 mph winds - fun. Stay warm.

 
At 1/11/2011 4:28 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Our "neck of the woods" is going to get pounded tonight when your storm and one developing off the coast merge between 10pm and 2pm Wednesday with up to two feet of snow. My goodness, but I'm prepared. Travel is already just about forbidden. Take care, BFW..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home