Monday, November 29, 2010

Leslie Nielson 1926-2010

And don't call me Shirley. That was one of Leslie's laugh-out-loud lines from his break the mold (at least for him) movie, AIRPLANE. He continued that genre of a bumbling but competent fool until his death. I remember that he was always here in the greater Hartford area for the celebrity pro-am round of the Greater Hartford Open. I even ran into him in West Hartford Center as he was on his way with friends to a great restaurant. He even made a joke then.

Heaven just became a much funnier place. Leslie Nelson, I will miss you and I want to thank you for all the laughs, most of them belly laughs. And I'm not the only one. You were an American treasure. To my Constant Readers, click on this post's title for more on Leslie and some video of the man himself. Thanks. Leslie, I always knew one day you'd make me cry. Well, that day is today. Rest in peace, funny man. You will never be forgotten.

2 Comments:

At 11/29/2010 9:53 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I first knew him as the Swamp Fox; he will be missed.

 
At 11/29/2010 12:55 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Yes, he sure will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home