Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Giants Win The Pennant, The Giants Win The Pennant!

Do those words sound familiar? Think Bobby Thompson and his historic home run. Well, last night the SF Giants did indeed win the pennant...again. Juan Uribe smashed an eighth inning home run and SF made the lead hold up in the ninth. The final score was
3-2 and it was a tense ninth inning for everybody. Here's the Giant's manager, Bruce Bochy...

"We had such a diversity of contributions from everybody. Not bad for a bunch of castoffs and misfits."

And their GM, Brian Sabean...

"I'm speechless, just breathless. It's a great opportunity to see what we can do on a bigger stage."

The 2010 World Series of Baseball begins Wednesday. So we wait until then to continue the process of picking a world champion. My congratulations go out to the Giants and the Rangers. May the best team win.

I hope you have a great Sunday. Thanks for stopping in, click on this post's title for all you need to know and as always, BE WELL.
I hate to say this but I might have to go to the hospital via 911 soon. I hope I don't. Wish me luck. I'm bleeding somewhere inside my body. I'll see you soon (God willing). Promise.

5 Comments:

At 10/25/2010 10:54 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Oh Pete, take care. It sounds like you have a serious problem. I hope you get to the doctors & let them help you.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

 
At 10/26/2010 10:23 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Pete, now you've really got me worried. I hope you're ok. I'm still sending positive vibes your way - get well soon.

 
At 10/27/2010 10:33 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Pete, I'm going to do a daily vigil until I can view your prose again.

I'll also be thinking about you as I start to watch this year's World Series; hope you get to watch, too.

Please do all you can to get better & come back soon.

 
At 10/27/2010 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you u luck my good friend peter
love shay

 
At 10/27/2010 7:56 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you, both. You're very touching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home