Thursday, September 23, 2010

Would The REAL John Lackey Please Stand Up? I Hope He Did Last Night At The Fens

John Lackey was on top of the world last night as he and David Ortiz led the Boston Red Sox to a 6-1 victory over the Baltimore Orioles. The win evened the two team's season record at nine. My goodness, to lose a season series to the lowly O's would have been completely unacceptable (sorry Faithy). Lackey muted the Baltimore Orioles for seven walk-free innings in last night’s 6-1 win at Fenway Park. The right-hander allowed one run on five hits and struck out five. He earned his first victory since Aug. 23 and he raised his underwhelming record to 13-11. Underwhelming is right but last night he looked like the ace Boston thought they had acquired. Oh well, maybe next year.

Boston has a day off today before beginning a three game set with the New York Yankees in the Big Apple. They need to win 'em all (they have six remaining) and I know the chances of doing that are slim. They'll try their best. That I DO know.

Click on this post's title to be zapped to the Sox MLB home site and watch all the game highlights. As always, BE WELL. Thanks for stopping in.

4 Comments:

At 9/23/2010 9:58 PM, Blogger Faithy said...

so now we are even - Yes?

Sent you stuuf on Bruce and RGQ

 
At 9/23/2010 9:59 PM, Blogger Faithy said...

so now we are even - Yes?

Sent you stuuf on Bruce and RGQ

 
At 9/24/2010 5:27 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks! And yes, we're even, Faithy.

I was looking for the web addy of RGQ. I didn't see it but you can just leave the addy right here or email me (through my blog profile. I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thanks.

 
At 9/24/2010 6:36 PM, Blogger Faithy said...

I sent it to the e-mail listed - the sbc one - there was no way to do it thru the blog w/out outlook (which i must use at work, but HATE, so i only use yahoo at home)
let me know if you did not get and i will just post here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home