Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wild Matsuzaka...Red Sox lose To O's

The Baltimore Orioles have already lost ninety games but the Boston Red Sox only have a record of 8-8 against them. Sad. Monday night at Fenway Park, a wild Daisuke Matsuzaka surrendered four earned runs, six hits and five walks in only 6 innings. The final score was Birds 4 Boston 2. The Boston bats were silent, connecting for base hits only five times. Boy, I miss Youk and Pedey. But it was Matsuzaka's mediocrity that stood head and shoulders above all else and to tell you the truth, I was SO disgusted with his inconsistent offerings that I switched over to the season premiere of TWO & A HALF MEN at 9pm EDT. As always, it was great and my troubles receded into the mist, temporarily gone. Manager Terry "Tito" Francona had this say about Daisuke's performance...

“Walks have a way of coming back to score, not all the time, but even when they don’t, you have to pitch out of the stretch, makes it a lot more difficult inning. Giving them bases on balls, it makes it harder.’’

Walks and wasted pitches make a game torture to sit back and watch. The Red Sox' chances are disappearing, vaporizing as each game is played. There ain't that many games left to go in the first place. Tonight, as Boston continues to literally play out the string, Buchholz (16-7) and Bergesen (7-10) will do battle. YAWN. Enjoy it if you can. Hey, if the law of averages holds up for 2011, next year should be virtually injury-free. It doesn't always work out that way, though. Not by a long shot.

Thank you for popping in once again, click on this post's title for more on the Sox and as always, BE WELL. I mean it!

6 Comments:

At 9/21/2010 10:15 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Hey Pete, I understand Daisuke was crap last night, but nobody mentions that our pitcher would have had to hold the other team to one run or less for us to win.

 
At 9/21/2010 11:33 PM, Blogger Faithy said...

Peter, Isn't it ironic? it always seems to be the Os, the Yerks and the Bosox - that make the game interesting. Just thought I'd say hello!!!

 
At 9/22/2010 12:24 AM, Blogger Faithy said...

Oh and I guess I should add Cincinatti to the list (the other Red meat)

 
At 9/22/2010 6:01 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

But he could have done a MUCH better job instead of continually losing the plate, BFW. It was terrible to see his inconsistent location. Infuriating, in fact.

Hello to you, Faithy. You know it's always great to hear from you. The O's are ahead of the Sox in the season series 9 games to 8. Gee.

Hey, is RGQ still running? I'd like to stop by. I know our blog friend passed away. Thanks Faithy. If you read this, just leave a reply (if you can) right here in comments.

 
At 9/22/2010 8:01 PM, Blogger Faithy said...

Yeah, RGQ is alive and well - but with Bruce and Tim both gone - it is less than it was. did you know that Bruce created some new energy technology? If so I have news - just let me know

 
At 9/23/2010 5:15 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Faithy on Thursday WAY too early morning. I don't know that news. Just email me with it (through my blogger profile, if you can) and also PLEASE let me know the RGQ website addy. I want to go back there and see. MEMORIES. Thank you...Pete on way too early Thursday morning. Talk to you soon. THANKS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home