Thursday, September 09, 2010

Scutaro Powers Red Sox Over Rays

The Boston Red Sox defeated the Tampa Bay Rays by a score of 11-5. Although Tim Wakefield gave up four earned runs in the first two innings, he settled down and pitched five full, giving up six hits, five runs (four earned), walked two and whiffed four. The bullpen took care of the Rays from there. Boston has lost so many games when they give up five runs (or more) but not last night. Two home runs by Marco Scutaro and multiple RBI totals from Big Papi and Victor Martinez did the trick. Here's Marco, who WILL NOT need surgery on his rotator cuff...

“My concern is I wanted to know what was going on in the shoulder. That was my first concern. I got the news that I don’t need surgery and the doctors don’t think by playing it’s going to get any worse. That made me feel better. After that news, I felt way better. I told him that if he wanted to give me a day off, make it on Friday. I wanted to be in there. I guess I feel OK."

You looked great last night, Marco. Tampa Bay lost a game to the pinstripers because New York won again. Theo Epstein will have to do some off season work to reclaim the top spot in the AL East. The injury epidemic that has plagued us this year has to vanish, too.

The Red Sox, after an off day today, will take on the Oakland A's for a three game set starting tomorrow. I'll have all the pitching match ups for you tomorrow. Click on this post's title for more Sox stuff and as always, BE WELL.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention this. Constant readers. Cat got your tongues? I receive SO few comments and I used to love it when I had at least a couple every day. Can you help me out? Thanks.

4 Comments:

At 9/09/2010 10:53 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Hi Pete. Sorry, I guess I haven't felt very chatty lately (our team's play, the heat, whatever), so I'll make up for it now. I'm still hanging in there rooting for our Sox, but it's painful to watch the playoff hopes beat out of whats left of our injury riddled team & to see the focus switch to off-season speculation. I'll catch all the games I can & cheer until the last pitch.

On the personal side, I was sorry to hear about you & Nadia, but hope what happens is for the best.
I'm getting ready to head east - going to Hilton Head for a few days with friends, then to Philadelphia to see my lovely daughter & SIL - can't wait!

One more month until the U.S. debut of the movie "Nowhere Boy". It's been out in Britain for quite a while, in fact, it's on dvd there. What I've seen looks pretty interesting, but of course this nut likes all things Beatles. If you haven't read Philip Norman's "John Lennon: The Life", I highly recommend it. It might make a good companion piece for the movie.

Well, Pete, if you don't get any other comments, this seemingly boundless diatribe ought to help for a few minutes at least.

 
At 9/10/2010 5:20 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

They're playing out the string and we're seeing a lot of Pawtucket-ness! Thanks...it's always great to hear from you. Stay cool.

 
At 9/10/2010 5:23 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I read Norman's book and I too love the Beatles. When the DVD comes out here (Blu-Ray), I'll immediately order it. Thanks!

I wonder if I can order it from Amazon UK. It might be coded differently, though. I'll look and let you know in a post.

 
At 9/10/2010 5:26 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, I signed up to be alerted when it's released. They did have 10 copies of it right now but the price was too high. They probably came from the UK. I can wait. Have a great trip!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home