Tuesday, August 17, 2010

PEDEY'S BACK IN TOWN! It's All Right

Yes, the day, actually night, has finally arrived. Extra, extra, read all about it. Injured for too long a time, Dustin Pedroia will play tonight at Fenway Park when the Boston Red Sox open up a three game set with the LA Anaheim California Angels (I'll never know what to call them). Here's Clay Buchholz, who takes the mound tonight and who has been the best pitcher on the team for more than a month...

“He’s definitely one of the anchors on this team. He’s able to go out there and make things happen that normal players can’t do. He’s definitely a big sparkplug for the offense and defense. He’s just a key component to this team. Once he gets back and gets his feel back and everything, he’s definitely going to be fun to watch.’’

Clay is exactly right. FUN FUN FUN. He goes tonight against the 12-8 Santana and Buchholz pitched at least seven innings in every start since facing the Tigers on July 26th. That's called saving the bullpen while pitching well enough to win the game.

Game time tonight will be the usual 7:10pm EDT. Fenway will be festive and the ovation for Pedroia when he first comes back will be worth the price of admission alone. I can't wait.

Have a great Tuesday. I'm helping out a neighbor who broke her right wrist a few days ago. I'm taking her to her doctor in East Hartford this morning for advice for her Friday surgery. Her mom is coming in on Thursday to help her out on that. I really could have been lazy and said "I can't do it," but that's not me. A good neighbor is what I am. I try. Click on this post's title for more on the Sox and as always, BE WELL. I'll see you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home