Friday, August 27, 2010

Pedey Might Be Screwed..Sox Travel To Tampa To Play The Rays

We all know by now that the Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia, a former American League MVP and a favorite in our hearts, is wearing a protective boot again. He'll continue to wear it for about a week and his foot will be examined again. If it still continues to not heal sufficiently, the doctors will be forced to put a screw in (hence this post's title) and Pedey's season will be over. I hope it is. This will allow Pedroia the full offseason to heal and heal 100%. That, in my mind, is the only way to go about this injury. Here's the man himself, a very frustrated Dustin Pedroia, shortly after learning that he was back on the disabled list......

“I’m upset, man. I feel like I let everybody down. I can’t really do too much. I tried. So hopefully it heals up and I’ll get back in there.’’

Pedey, you didn't let ANYONE down. No way, no how. Heal 100% and we'll see you in 2011. There's no sense in damaging it further. You did that once. Dustin becomes the fourth Boston player whose season ended or probably will end early. The others are Kevin Youkilis (underwent surgery), Mike Cameron (surgery pending) and Jacoby Ellsbury, who I think needs the entire fall and winter to get that rib back in shape. He's the kind of guy who goes all out to get to and catch fly balls, sometimes landing face down on his stomach and RIBS. Maybe a flak jacket would help although I don't think the league would allow that.

The Red Sox are in Tampa for a vital and crucial three game series. This is a must sweep situation for the Sox and they'll have their three best starters trying to accomplish just that. I like the match-ups in games two and three but I'm a little scared of Price. Here are the all-important pitching match-ups...


Fri. 27 at TB** 7:10 PM ET NESN/SUN** Lester (13-8) vs. Price (15-5)
Sat. 28 at TB** 7:10 PM ET NESN/SUN** Buchholz (15-5) vs. Garza (13-7)
Sun. 29 at TB** 8:05 PM ET ESPN** Lackey (12-7) vs. Shields (12-11)

Ok, that's it for now. It's Friday so I hope you enjoy your upcoming weekend. A Boston sweep would certainly help. You can simply click on this post's title to be zapped to the Red Sox internet home site and as always, BE WELL. Thanks for being here.

2 Comments:

At 8/28/2010 1:20 AM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

Actually, the Rays are hosting the Sox this weekend, so the Sox are coming to town!

 
At 8/28/2010 5:36 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I realized that while watching the game but I was too lazy to change it. I will now. Thanks Quizmaster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home