Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jon Lester And Red Sox Rocked Bigtime...Pedey Pedroia Back To DL

Dustin Pedroia is back on the DL after re-injuring his food while trying to steal a base. The only way Pedey knows how to play is full out with no holds barred. His foot is not sufficiently healed enough for that. Here's Pedey...

"I'm going back on the DL," Pedroia said. "I'm not feeling very good. I played those last two games, and tried to do it, then yesterday I couldn't do much and today's a lot worse, so they're backing me off and not letting me do anything."

This is a big bad blow to the Boston Red Sox, make no mistake about it. Another piece of bad news is this. Jacoby Ellsbury, who also re-injured himself after a long forced absence, is out for the season. We'll see him in 2011, fully healed, I hope.

OK, I saved the news about last night's game for right now. It's that bad. Jon Lester had the worst outing of his career, giving up 9 (!!) runs in the first two innings. Boston went on to lose to the Toronto Blue Jays by a score of (gulp) 17-2. I missed the entire game, thank goodness. After all, it WAS a Friday night. When I returned home and saw the score, well, some things are best left unsaid. I hope Jon is OK physically and all he had was a bad night. We do not need any more injuries, maybe for the next ten years. Here's Red Sox manager Terry "Tito" Francona on Lester's troubles...

"Lester walked the first hitter, Escobar gets a bunt down and he's pitching out of the stretch right away. He just didn't command really anything. It was a tough go right from the beginning."

I can only imagine, Tito. Today the Blue Jays-Red Sox game will begin at 7:10pm EDT and will feature mound opponents Matsuzaka (8-4) and Romero (10-7). We need a great start from Daisuke. Hell, we need a great start from everybody. Buchholz goes tomorrow so if Matsuzaka can spin a beauty, two in a row has a tremendous chance of happening. Let's hope so. 17-2? My goodness! Never again, at least with Lester pitching. I'm going to watch the one hour replay at 8am EDT on NESN to learn more.

Click on this post's title for more on last night's mismatch, highlights and all, and as always, BE WELL. Have a great weekend, every one of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home