Friday, July 16, 2010

Wakefield Shot Dead By Rangers

The Boston Red Sox starter Tim Wakefield was folded, spindled and mutilated in his two innings down at Arlington, Texas Thursday night against the Rangers, losing by a score of 7-2. Six runs alone came across in the very first inning. Wake's woeful stats in two innings were seven runs on eight hits. He walked one, struck out two and gave up one four-bagger. Here's the up & down Mr. Wakefield himself...

"I'm as dumbfounded as anybody else. I felt like I had some of the best stuff I had all year coming out of the bullpen, but I just didn't have it tonight. Talking to pitching coach John Farrell after the game, he felt like I had some of the best stuff I’ve had all year coming out of the bullpen. It was just one of those nights. They were very aggressive, they were swinging early, and obviously I didn’t have the depth or the movement on the pitch that I needed to get them out.

And the Red Sox skipper, Terry Francona...

"They strung together a bunch of hits," Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "He came out in the third and it looked like it was going to be another tough inning so I had to go get him."

A flat and flutter-less knuckleball spells doom for the team with that starter. To tell you the truth, and I almost always do, I turned off the game on NESN after the sixth inning. I guarantee every one of you that people bailed even earlier. It was a case of "hanging in there," and I could hang no longer. It wasn't a great way to resume after the All Star game but we have three more chances to win before we take to the skies on a westward journey. On the mound today will be Lee and Doubrant. Doub looked OK in his last start. He's a lefty, which only helps.

Today's game starts at 7:10pm EDT. I hope you enjoy it AND your upcoming weekend. Click on this post's title for a little of everything, including the GOOD NEWS about Josh Beckett, and as always, BE WELL. Click away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home