Monday, April 05, 2010

UCONN WOMEN ONE WIN AWAY FROM SECOND CONSECUTIVE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP...Boston 9 NYY 7

Wow, oh what a night. The Fenway Park slugfest started shortly after 8pm EDT and around 9:30pm EDT, the University of Connecticut and Baylor University squared off in game two of the Final Four to earn the right to play Stanford in the final on Tuesday. BOTH MY TEAMS WON. Sunday night was meant for such an outcome. Let me start with the Red Sox, if I may.

The Boston Red Sox defeated the NY Yankees by a score of 9-7 in what could only be called a slugfest. Both Josh Beckett and CC Sabathia were largely ineffective, each giving up five runs. Hey, it's early. Josh will find his groove. Boston proved its "so-called" defensive lineup can smash the ball all over the place but it was Kevin Youkilis and Dustin "Pedey" Pedroia who provided most of the fireworks. The teams will next play tomorrow (Tuesday) night at the Fens with Jon Lester primed and ready to go. Of course, this will be the second game of the season and the second Red Sox game I will mostly miss. You see, the University of Connecticut Huskies play that same night against the Stanford Cardinal in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. It will be something I just cannot miss. Speaking of UCONN...

Tina Charles and Maya Moore combined for 55 points and 25 rebounds as Connecticut outlasted and outplayed Baylor by a score of 70-50. There were some anxious moments for those of us here in Connecticut but the two All-Americans were there to bury Baylor and their 6'8" center, Brittney Grimes. She's only a freshman and her future is brighter than the sun. Believe it or not, I fell asleep during the first half but I had my HD DVR all set up and ready to go. Guess what? It worked while I was dreaming and as soon as I finish this post, I'm going to watch the game in its entirety. I can't wait!

So the Red Sox are 1-0 and UCONN needs only one more victory to earn their second consecutive National Championship. Undefeated, 77 double digit wins in a row. What could be better? I'll tell you. NUTTIN! Click on the title of this post for more on the game and as always, BE WELL. Go Sox! Go UCONN! As I said in my first sentence, oh, what a night it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home