Sunday, April 18, 2010

Doubly Deflating Defeats For Boston

My baseball night did not last very long Saturday night, so I'll be brief. The first game was still tied 1-1 going into the bottom of the 11th inning. The Boston Red Sox LOADED the bases with NOBODY out against the Tampa Bay Rays. Game over, right? You'd think so but you never know with this team. Joe Maddon, the Tampa manager, brought in a player from the outfield to be the fifth infielder. All Boston needed was a fly ball but noooooo. They couldn't get the ball out of the infield and eventually lost by a final score of 3-1. Delcarmen gave up a two run tater and ended up with the loss. But I had turned off the TV after the end of the 11th, thank goodness. I put on the HD DVD player and watched THE HURT LOCKER for the second time. I still say it's one of the best movies EVER made. Do not miss it.

From what I've read, Clay Buchholz had another slow start and gave up five early unearned runs helped by a Scutaro error and a dropped fly ball by Cameron. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they the two "defensive saviors" along with Beltre? Buchholz settled down but a Boston rally fell short. The final was 6-5. So it was a very forgettable Saturday night, except for the movie. I implore you to see THE HURT LOCKER if you haven't already. You will be deeply moved and incredibly affected.

That's it for this Sunday afternoon. There's a parade in Hartford that will honor the national champion University of Connecticut women Huskies basketball team, the best in the land for the last two years. They haven't even lost a single game in that period. Tens of thousands of people will flock to Hartford to see the USA women's National team play the US women's Select team. Then, it'll be time for the parade in what is now known as women basketball's capital city (and state). I'll be at the parade, of course. I wouldn't or couldn't miss it.

Enjoy your Sunday and as always, BE WELL. As for the Red Sox, BAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home