Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Boston Red Sox Bullpen Blows Another Victory Friday Night At KC

First it was Hideki Okajima, then the culprit was Jonathon Papelbon and last night in beautiful downtown Boston, it was flame thrower Daniel Bard. Each of them failed to hold a Red Sox lead or tie. Last night after Tim Wakefield pitched a sparkling seven innings, giving up two runs and striking out six, he became the oldest Red Sox pitcher to EVER start a baseball game...and he looked great. His back felt fine and HE felt fine. Wakes allowed two solo home runs in the sixth inning and that was it! The Kansas City Royals beat the Red Sox by a score of 3-2. The bullpen, in the form of Daniel Bard, allowed it to happen. Here's Bard...

“They earned the win. They fought and they battled and they scrapped together a couple runs when they needed it. Tip my hat to them in that respect. But obviously I wish, when you make a decent pitch, you get a better result. Doesn’t always happen. It’s tough,’’ Bard said. “Our starters — Wake did a heck of a job, John Lackey did a heck of a job, and we haven’t gotten them wins. I carry a lot of that on my shoulders the last two. Keep trucking. I’m not going to let it affect me too much. I feel like I’m still making pitches. Not going to look at it as any more than that.’’

Hey Daniel, keep your fastball NOWHERE near the middle of the plate. The black is the place to be, moving in or out, high or low. Keep 'em guessing! YOU HAVE THE STUFF. It's ALL location. I hope you'll learn. I'm fairly sure you will.

Here's Tim Wakefield after his terrific outing...

“I felt like I had good movement on my knuckleball,’’ Wakefield said. “I was throwing a lot of strikes. The only mistake that I really made was the 3-1 fastball to Butler. I meant to throw it away and I threw it right down the middle and he hit a homer. I got beat with a bad pitch.’’

Two little mistakes. Seven innings. That's it! We ask our bullpen guys to give their all for ONE! Maybe our offense IS in a slump but a season-long slump because of inability? I will NEVER believe that.

Have a great weekend and as always, be well.

3 Comments:

At 4/10/2010 11:49 AM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

The game was in Kansas City, Peter. You might want to alter that headline.

Keep the faith.

 
At 4/10/2010 2:15 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 4/10/2010 2:15 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I ALWAYS HAVE THE FAITH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home