Monday, March 01, 2010

Mike Cameron Hurting...Number Changes

Boston Red Sox centerfielder Mike Cameron is hurting. He has a sore left groin and has been receiving treatment. Dont worry, it's only March 1st. Here's Mike...

"When I went out and stretched, it just wasn't getting loose like I wanted it to," he said. "I guess it's the first sign of me getting a little older. I listened to my body," Cameron said. "That's the smart thing to do. It’s fine, I’ll be fine. I’ll just slow my pace down a little bit and let my body catch up, that’s all,” he said. “I just felt like I couldn’t get it loose today and I didn’t want to push it too much.”

Terry Francona stressed the team's correctly cautious approach to this not serious injury...

"It's not something we want to make worse now," Francona said. “I can’t imagine we’ll have him go full speed,” said Francona. “I doubt if we’ll play him in the Wednesday doubleheader.”

I'm just happy Cameron spoke up about his discomfort before he made it worse by going through his full workout. He was being smart, that's for sure. In a couple days, he'll be just fine. After all, he's the literal centerpiece of the Boston outfield trio.

Three major Boston players will have new uniform numbers this season. Here they are...

Jacoby Ellsbury has gone from 46 to 2.

Clay Buchholz has gone from 61 to 11.

Daniel Bard has gone from 60 to 51.

Our left fielder speaks up about it...

“I’d always wanted No. 2,’’ said Ellsbury: “I’d asked for it when I got called up, but I didn’t realize it was bench coach Brad Mills' number. It’s his number. Every year I’d ask for it again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. I told Pookie, the assistant equipment manager, if the number ever became available, I wanted it. So when I found out Millsie got the promotion as manager of the Astros, I called Pookie and he said it was already taken care of.’’

So Ells will be number two. That's just great! I have to wrap up this Monday morning post, the first day of, believe it or not, March. Rabbit rabbit rabbit good luck, as I always say on the first of every month to those who I care about. Hey, that's you! It's supposed to bring you good luck. Click on this post's title for the last of the Olympic coverage and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home