Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baseball Is Coming, Baseball Is Coming!

The Boston Red Sox were on the short end of a 9-3 defeat against the much improved Tampa Bay Rays yesterday. Josh Beckett got his work in, however, going six innings and allowing six hits and three runs. He was fine and he said to the assembled media people that he is nearly ready. He better be...the Red Sox play the Yankees Sunday night on a nationally televised ESPN broadcast. Me? I can't wait.The two leftys competing for the final two (?) spots in the Sox pen were not effective. Alan Embree was in there for two ugly innings and surrendured three runs on six hits. Two of those runs were earned. Schoeneweis preceded him and was not any better. I feel for Embee. He really wants to make a one year comeback with his old team. Does he he have what it takes? Hey, if YOU know, let ME know!

The University of Connecticut national champion women's basketball team needs to win one game tonight to be in the Final Four. They will play Florida State University, FSU. They whupped them earlier in the regular season but the NCAA tournament is a whole different thing. The game will be televised on ESPN and ESPN HD at 7pm. I'll be watching...with bells on.
Here the coach of the best team in the land, Geno Auriemma...

"Now, I've been the underdog a couple of times, certainly earlier in my career," the UConn coach said Monday. "I'm not a big fan of the underdog. But we've been the overdog for so long I like the favorites. I root for Tiger to win every golf tournament, I don't care. Freddie Couples I've gotten to know, he just won his third straight senior tournament and I hope he wins 10 in a row. That's kind of how I am. When I was playing high school basketball, I think everybody's favorite team was UCLA," he said. "I loved UCLA, loved everything about them. It was probably the fact that they won all the time, and the way they played. They were exceptional at every position. I rooted for them to win all the time, and I never wanted to see them lose."

That's the way we feel here in Connecticut. The women Huskies give their all, each and every time. I APPLAUD THEM. If you have a few minutes, tune into ESPN or ESPN HD at 7pm. Thanks. You can click on this post's title for more and as always, BE WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home