Monday, January 04, 2010

What Teddy Ballgame REALLY Wanted...

I came across this story about baseball's best hitter in the Boston Herald and I couldn't pass it up. You remember that after Teddy passed in 2002, his (evil) son, John Henry Williams, insisted that his dad wanted his head severed from his body and cryogenically frozen. It was done. Eight years later, a letter from Teddy, apparently genuine and kept in a safe by his Boston attorney and friend Robert E, McWalter, has surfaced. The letter was dated December 19, 1991. Here is exactly what it said...

“It is my wish that no funeral or memorial service of any kind be held and that my remains be cremated as soon as possible after my death. I want you to see that my ashes are sprinkled at sea off the coast of Florida where the water is very deep,”

That missive seems pretty clear to me. Teddy wanted to give something back to the fishes he loved to catch. Here is his lawyer, Robert E. McWalter...

“That’s the real thing,” McWalter, who has the original letter in a vault. "It’s a ‘Twilight Zone episode. What’s right is right, and you can see right here what Ted’s wishes were.”

My opinion on all this? I BELIEVE EVERY WORD. Get Ted's head out of that frozen vault and make his wishes come true. It's the only right thing to do. I know this sounds more like an April Fools joke but I assure you, it's not. Thank you Boston Herald for bringing this matter to my attention.

There's a rumor going around that the New York Yankees are keeping their DH spot open in the hope that they can acquire a booming bat (Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder, or Adrian Gonzalez) to accompany Mark Teixeira in their lineup. If they do that, and I'll be honest, not only will they win the AL East but they'll repeat as World Champions. I hate to say it but that's the way I see it.

The holidays are over and Monday begins, the first one of 2010. I hope you can make it a great one and as always, BE WELL. I'll be seeing you...soon.

2 Comments:

At 1/04/2010 10:31 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Interesting article about Ted. I too hope his daughters will agree to send his ashes into the deep Florida waters.

Please, please me by keeping some players out of the evil empire's clutches.

Happy New Year to you and Nadia, Pete.

 
At 1/04/2010 5:36 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

We both say THANKS!! Love ya!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home