Sunday, January 31, 2010

UCONN Women Roll To 60th Straight Double Digit Win..Wakefield Honored And Happy

The national champion University of Connecticut women Huskies travelled to Pittsburgh and won their 60th straight game, ALL BY DOUBLE DIGITS. They overmatched and overwhelmed Pitt in every way possible. The final score was 98-56. They know where and when to pass the ball and have, with a great supporting cast, the two best players in the nation...by far. They are Tina Charles, who scored her 2000th point yesterday and Maya Moore, who IS the best player in the nation.

Yesterday, Boston Red Sox starter Tim Wakefield was honored with the Bart Giamatti Award for community service. He was visibly moved. Here is part of what he had to say...

“I’m completely humbled by this thing and honored at the same time to be recognized for doing things off the field,” he said. “I don’t do the things I do for recognition. I do them because I care. This is a great honor to be recognized by the B.A.T. team. I really strongly believe in their mission and their passion to give back to the baseball family. We all as players could eventually down the road need assistance,” Wakefield said. “Whether it’s careers cut short by injury or something happens that’s part of life, we all could need help. All current players and members of the baseball community should support this fine organization.”

Great job, Timmy, great job. We're proud of you. And I'm proud of YOU, my Constant Readers, for stopping in on this frigid Sunday morn. I hope your day will be a great one. You can click on this post's title for a list of the UCONN women's 60 game win streak and as always, BE WELL. See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home