Tuesday, January 12, 2010

McGwire Comes Clean And Fesses Up...HE CHEATED BIGTIME

Single season home run "king" (I use that term very loosely) Mark McGwire came clean yesterday and told us what we all knew in the first place. Here are some snippets for his Sunday interview with Bob Costas. I guess this took courage to finally open up but I have no compassion for him, none at all. Five years ago while under oath he had a chance to do just what he did yesterday, but nooo. Here he is in his own words...

“I wish I had never touched steroids. It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had never played during the steroid era. I never knew when,’’ he said, “but I always knew this day would come. It’s time for me to talk about the past and confirm what people have suspected. After all this time, I want to come clean,’’ he said. “I was not put in a position to do that five years ago in my Congressional testimony, but now I feel an obligation to discuss this and to answer questions about it. I’ll do that, and then I just want to help my team.’’

Why did he do it? Why did he say he was "not put in a position" to come clean when he appeared before Congress and SWORE TO TELL THE TRUTH? TOTAL BS. He continues his confession...

“During the ’90s I went to the DL seven times and missed 228 games over five years,’’ he explained in his statement. “I experienced a lot of injuries, including a ribcage strain, a torn left heel muscle, a stress fracture of the left heel, and a torn right heel muscle. It was definitely a miserable bunch of years, and I told myself that steroids could help me recover faster. I thought they would help me heal and prevent injuries, too.’’

He obliterated Roger Maris' home run record of 61 in 1998. Was he using steroids in 1998? OH YES. Here you go...

“I used them on occasion throughout the ’90s, including the 1998 season.

Anyone with vision could tell his body was bloatedly muscled. Hey, one plus one is two...it was that obvious. Case closed. The single season home run record should have a monstrously HUGE asterisk next to it if not right on TOP of it. I doubt the Baseball Hall of Fame will allow him into their halls. I sure hope not. He's an outcast who turned himself into a muscle-bound freak of nature, able to bash baseballs to another time zone. The bottom line? HE CHEATED. PERIOD. Case closed for me. What do you think? I'd love to know. Comment if you can, click on the title of this post for more on Mr. McGwire and as always, BE WELL. Thanks for reading me.

7 Comments:

At 1/12/2010 10:22 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Pete, I agree with you completely. I think he's still lying about only doing it to heal from and prevent injury. There was a nice little side benefit of adulation, breaking records, earning millions, accepting all the accolades and hogging the spotlight for cheating.

I think he was emotional yesterday because he had to admit to everyone that trusted & believed him that he lied. He felt really bad for himself. He "wished he had never played in the steroid era" - how about wishing you were man enough & had the willpower not to cheat?

He should take every award, trophy, ring, pennant and souvenir he has over to the Maris family & let them bash, destroy, obliterate, melt and demolish them publicly. There's no way "I'm sorry" is enough to make up for what he did to them & baseball.

 
At 1/12/2010 7:00 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

You are right. My goodness!

Nadia says hi...she's leaving tomorrow and I am sad allready..

Thanks, BFW. Talk to you tomorrow.

 
At 1/13/2010 11:36 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I guess I kinda got on a rant there, didn't I? Sometimes I just get to rolling when a subject hits me the wrong way.

I will say this about McGwire, it takes a big man with a giant head to admit he's wrong.

Sorry to hear Nadia leaving. Tell her hi for me next time you talk to her.

 
At 1/14/2010 4:55 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I already did. She left Wednesday...wow, is it different here! Thanks, BFW. I'm a little unhappy but I'll be OK.

 
At 1/16/2010 8:20 PM, Anonymous girasoli said...

I think his teary scene was totally fake, just one big acting scene just like Larry King's latest interview with Richard Heene.

For him to say that taking steriods had nothing to do with his HR record - complete bullshit and he knows it! And he WAS the steroid era.

Did you happen to listen to or watch Mike & Mike on Jan 12th? I was not surprised at all with Tony La Russo's take - he is either drinking the Koolaid or just does not want to say anything bad about his friend. Dick Vitale was spot on with what he had to say - he comes in at 28 mins on the audio link below if you missed it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?context=podcast&id=4818521

 
At 1/17/2010 6:09 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hello to you.

No, I missed the Mike & Mike show that day but I will go to the link you provided. Thanks for that!

Dicky V was in town last night (Sat.) for ESPN Gameday at none other than Storrs, CT. On my Sunday post, if you click on the title there are articles and many video features about the best team in the land as they humbled #2 Notre Dame.

Great to hear fron you, Girasoli!!

 
At 1/17/2010 6:12 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Sorry, ND is number 3. They'll stay at number 3 even after their loss to the Huskies. They had no chance, just like #2 Stanford a couple weeks ago.

I love watching this team!! Here in Connecticut, we ALL do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home