Thursday, December 10, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday? It's my Birthday Too..Bye Bye Mike Lowell??

Hello to you on this Thursday non-snowy morning, December 10, 2009. It's my birthday and tonight Nadia and I will be going to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for steaks, baked potatoes and salads (maybe sauteed mushrooms). If you have a Ruth's Chris near you but have not tried it, you really should. But hey, there is real Boston Red Sox hot stove news.

Boston is ready to trade Mike Lowell to the Texas Rangers. Catcher/first baseman Max Ramirez will be coming to the Hub. This is not a done deal, a source noted...

"This thing could still blow up," one source said.

I love Mikey and I wish him the best..I always will. He'll DH and play first over there and do a great job, I'm sure. I'll be checking the Rangers' box scores next season to follow his progress. This most likely trade opens the door for the Red Sox to sign third baseman Adrian Beltre which would keep Youkilis right where he belongs at first. Other names still very much in the mix are Jason Bay and Matt Holliday. BOTH of 'em would be nice.

I hope your Thursday will be a great one as I keep getting older and older. Such is life. I don't feel any older most of the time. I'm REALLY looking forward to a loudly sizzling Ruth's Chris New York strip steak, even now at 5:12am. There is no better. Click on the title for more on this possible trade and as always, BE WELL. Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 12/10/2009 10:27 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Happy healthy birthday, Pete! I hope you have a good day.

Tell Nadia I said hi and you guys enjoy your steak dinner tonight, I know you will.

 
At 12/10/2009 5:49 PM, Anonymous Terrence McCarthy said...

Happy Birthday Peter.

Lowell gone? The Sox without Mike would be like the Dave Matthews Band without Dave.

Enjoy that steak

 
At 12/11/2009 4:48 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks, BFW. It was delicioso.

And to you, too, TM. Or the E Street Band without Bruuuce.

The Lowell thing is not finalized and Theo has gone back to Boston. It's still a definite "maybe."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home