Tuesday, December 08, 2009

JOHN WINSTON ONO LENNON...October 9 1940-December 8, 1980

Hello again, John, on this sad day, December 8, 2009. I know you know that every year I write a post with only you in mind and this day will be no different. It's been 29 years since that deranged idiot shot you multiple times in the back. You didn't even see what was coming as those hollow point missles of death shredded your body, killing you within ninety seconds.

John, you will always be remembered for the good things you did. The music, oh, the music. You brought joy to my life and so, so many others. You strived and stressed for world peace but this blue marble still doesn't get it. I don't know if I'll be around when finally the human race will put it all together, but I have faith that one day, it will happen. I know it.

I hope you're happy up there strumming your accoustic and smiling. I know I miss you SO much. But ya know what? WE ALL SHINE ON. On and on and on and on.

Thanks for everything.

Peter

5 Comments:

At 12/08/2009 9:27 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I knew you would have a good piece to say. He lived quite a life and gave us a lot in his 40 years. May he rest in peace.

Have you heard about "Nowhere Boy"? It looks interesting.

 
At 12/08/2009 4:54 PM, Blogger laura said...

Thanks, Peter. You know I come here every year on this day and you are always very eloquent when it comes to John Lennon. Hope you are doing well.

 
At 12/09/2009 5:08 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks, BFW. And no. I don't even know what "Nowhere Boy" is...please enlighten me.

Hi to you, Laura. When I woke up this snowy morning, I knew a comment from you would be here. Every year! I hope all is well and I'm glad you didn't forget. Have a happy & healthy holiday season. BE WELL.

 
At 12/09/2009 10:18 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

It's a new British film about John's teenage years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/oct/29/nowhere-boy-john-lennon-review

 
At 12/09/2009 7:04 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, I'm clicking on it NOW. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home