Thursday, December 03, 2009

Billy Wagner Goes To Atlanta...Players Push For First Round Of Playoffs Upped To Seven Games...A Shift Possible?

Billy Wagner got his wish and has become a member of the Atlanta Braves. He signed a one year contract for $7 million. I say good for him. Best of luck, Billy. You still have it. Here's his new GM...

"The bullpen is one of the areas we needed to upgrade to get where we want to go," Braves general manager Frank Wren said during a news conference at Turner Field. "Billy was at the top of our list. The first day of free agency, we gave him a call."

The major league regular and post season is being scrutinized. There are some who want the first round of the playoffs to be extended to seven games. I agree. After playing 162 games over nearly six months, the existing five game format rips off the eight post season clubs. Hey, that's just my humble opinion. Also, there are those who would like to reduce the number of days off between the end of the regular season and the beginning of the World Series (thanks, Boston Herald). To me, that's a much less important issue. Here is Michael Weiner, the executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association...

"Everybody’s in agreement that the postseason schedule needs some adjustment," Weiner said.

The seven game first round post season schedule change would enhance just about everything related to MLB. Let's hope that the powers that be JUST DO IT! The other issue is low on my list of important things to do.

I wish you a Merry Christmas (oops) a great Thursday and click on the title of this post to be zapped to ESPN dot com. As always, BE WELL. I'll be back. I hope you will, too. I mean that. See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home