Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More On Jeremy Hermida...

Boston Herald reporter John Tomase wrote an informative article concerning Jim Presley and his insight into future Red Sox player Jeremy Hermida. After all, Presley has played with him for the last four years. My thanks go out to John Tomase for these quotes and insight.

Jeremy Hermida, who will be the number four outfielder for the Boston Red Sox of 2010, never really lived up to his lofty early expectations. Maybe it was a series of nagging injuries that limited him to less that the full contingent of at bats. But, according to teammate Presley, the man knows how to hit and once he can have an injury-free season with 550 at bats or so, which will not be possible if the Sox resign Jason Bay or another starting outfielder, he could raise his statistics. Here are some of Presley's words...

“His bat (is) a plus, because he can swing a little bit,” Presley said yesterday. “He’s had a lot of injuries and stuff that have held him back. He can swing. He’s got some juice. He knows the strike zone. He knows how to take his walks. He doesn’t swing at balls out of the zone. That’s going to help him in that league."

Why was he traded for two middle prospects? Jim said this...

“Some guys just need to move on and get to another point in their career.

His last statement was simple but true. I'm looking forward to seeing Jeremy Hermida, who will probably bat seventh or eighth when he gets a chance to play. Every major league baseball team needs a fourth outfielder...it's a necessity, a given. Hermida is ours.

In other Boston Red Sox news, the 2012 All Star game will be played in Kansas City's renovated Kaufman Stadium instead of at Fenway Park. The date would have coincided with Friendly Fenway's 100th anniversary. Red Sox Nation will have the entire 2012 season to celebrate that unique milestone.

That's it for today, Tuesday November 17th. Time is flying by and before we know it, Turkey Day will be upon us. Nadia and I have no plans as of yet...my family's Thanksgiving celebration dinner with all the fixings and then some is usually at my sister-in-law's sister's house but she and he husband are going to the left coast to visit their new grandchild, number two for them. I wish them the best and you, my Constant Readers, the exact same thing. That'll never change. Rmember, the hot stove drama is still in front of us. After all, potential free agents cannot talk to other teams until November 20th, this very Friday. As always, take care of yourselves and BE WELL. You can leave a comment or three and I'll read and respond to every single one. That's a promise. See ya.

I'd like you to try a place with a varied collection of Boston baseball news. Their web address is bosoxnews.wordpress.com/. My blog is listed there, too! It's a great site. Just click on the title of this post and explore a little. If I were you, I'd bookmark it. My sincere thanks go out to their founders who were kind to include me in their web site. Click away!!

2 Comments:

At 11/17/2009 5:21 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

My wife always fixes Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings because we know it will turn out great! I'd love to have you and Nadia over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner, but it's probably too far for you to travel.

 
At 11/18/2009 5:17 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

We both thank you for the kind offer. What, no Grandkids for the holiday? We're going to celebrate it here along with her birthday (the 23rd). I'll let her know as soon as she awakens. I'm the early bird here!

Thanks again, BFW. You're my most Cpnstant Reader although Tuesday was a good day for blog hits (over 100). Talk to you soon...have to write a post. About what, I have NO idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home