Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yanks One Win Away From World Series

The New York Yankees are one win away from their first World Series appointment in six years after they clobbered the California Anaheim LA Angels by a score of 10-1. And yes, it was CC Sabathia, pitching on three days rest, no lest, who again was able to go eight innings as his team racked up a lead. He was brilliant. He said this after the game...

"This team's good. We have great players, Hall of Fame players," said Sabathia, who has won three of the Yankees' seven playoff games. "We've got all the confidence in the world. We've still got a little ways to go, but I've been feeling good," Sabathia said. "I never had any doubt about me being able to perform on this stage and to pitch well late in October, but it seems like people did. But I feel great. You know, hopefully I can keep it going."

If he keeps it going, the pinstripers might find themselves as 2009 World Champions...I don't see anyone beating them but the Philadelphia Phillies are clearly the other "great" team in the equation. If the two meet, it should be a memorable six or seven game series. Face it, the Dodgers are as good as gone and Manny was up to his old tricks, taking a shower after he was pulled from the game in the eighth inning on Monday night without staying in the clubhouse to watch his team fall apart in the eighth inning. LA ended up losing to Philadelphia that night while Manny was soaping himself, maybe even singing. The media is calling the incident "Showergate." I call it "Manny Being Manny"....again. Either way, it sucks, HE sucks.

Tonight, the Phillies try to put away the team from California with Cole Hamels (10-11 4.32) going against Vincente Padilla ( 12-6 4.46). The game will be televised at 8pm EDT on TBS and TBS HD from the city of brotherly love. Enjoy. Obviously, it's a must win for the Dodgers. Hey, they had a great 2009 but they're not as strong in SO many ways as Philadelphia is. The Yankees/Angels series resumes on Thursday where New York will try to wrap it up with AJ Burnett. I wouldn't put it past 'em. Not even a little. They're going to win it all this year. I wish it wasn't so, but it will be.

Have a great Hump Day Wednesday and enjoy tonight's baseball if it suits you. And for complete SI coverage of last night's playoff game, simply click on this post's title. It's easy! As always, BE WELL. I'll see you soon. Leave a comment if you wish and I'll answer every one. Thanks for sticking around. I appreciate every single one of you. I really do.

Bye.

2 Comments:

At 10/22/2009 1:33 PM, Anonymous Amy said...

I was rooting for the Dodgers, but Congratulations to the Phillies and I hope they win the world series.

 
At 10/23/2009 6:15 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'm with you, Amy. If the Yankees win, that would pit the best two teams in baseball against each other. That's the way it should be!

Hey, it's so great to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy October baseball. Last night's 7-6 game was INTENSE!! Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home