Saturday, October 10, 2009

Boston Red Sox Play Brinkmanship Starting Sunday At Fenway Park...Angels 4 Red Sox 1

The Boston Red Sox are in a hole, a familiar hole. They are down two games two none to the Angels in the American League Division Series. Game three will be at Fenway Park Sunday. They must win three games in a row or it'll be time to watch the rest of the playoffs at home on Hi Def television for the players and fans.

Josh Beckett pitched well into the seventh inning, at which pont the game was knotted at one. Yes, the Boston bats were again sleeping. But a three run triple hit by Erik Aybar changed everything. Boston failed to score in the eighth or ninth frames and that was all she wrote. Final score? 4-1 Halos.

(Wow, I wrote a complete post which was inadvertantly deleted. I'll make this short. So sorry).

Clay Buchholz will face lefty Scott Kazmir Sunday afternoon in a 12:37pm EDT contest, televised on TBS and TBS HD. It'll be so nice to see a Red Sox game while the sun is shining.

Hey, you missed a great post but it's early and I made a major boo-boo. Call me Yogi, I guess. It's idiotically early, even for me. Have a great Sunday, click on this post's title for more on the Sox loss and the Yankee win last night and as always, BE WELL.

3 Comments:

At 10/10/2009 2:47 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

The home field advantage has been maintained; let's keep maintaining it until game 5. I'm all for more than 1 measly run from the anemic lineup. That pitiful crap will be over by tomorrow or it will be over by tomorrow.

Be well, my friend.

 
At 10/11/2009 6:48 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Tomorrow is now, my friend. And thank goodness the game starts at 12:37pm. Phew!

I hope there's a Red Sox Monday. Thanks, BFW. Nadi says hi.

 
At 10/14/2009 3:01 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hello TS...I hope that weekend game is for NEXT season! Thanks for the comment. Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home