Thursday, September 17, 2009

Up & Down Wacky Red Sox Win...Boston 9 LA 8

Wednesday night's Red Sox-Angels game at Fenway Park was a wild and wacky affair. With the score tied at 7 after eight full innings, the Angels scored a run in the top of the ninth. Things were gloomy until the Red sox loaded the bases with two outs in the bottom of that frame on the strength of two walks and a clutch Jed Lowrie single scorched down the third base line. Alex Gonzales ended it all with a shallow fly ball to left that Juan Rivera let fall right at his feet. I still say he might have caught it had he dived...I'm glad he didn't. Here's Jason Bay with his thoughts on the walk-off Sox win...

“They talk about team wins,” said outfielder Jason Bay. “I think that was every bit a team win. We got everybody in there. Unbelievable game. We haven’t had a game like that in a while, against a very good team, playoff-type atmosphere."

The wild card lead over the dead cold Texas Rangers is now a fat 6 1/2 games. October here we come? It certainly looks like it. But there are games to play, late September games that are vital. I must say that it would take a monumental collapse for Boston to blow it but stranger things have happened...NOT THIS YEAR.

Jonathon Papelbon was given the night off because he tweaked his back when he slipped while warming up. Here he is...

“This is just a one-day thing,” he said. “I’ll be good tomorrow. They’re going to give me the night instead of pushing the envelope.

Back injuries, no matter how slight they seem, scare me badly. Let's hope when he wakes up this morning he'll be feeling fine. He would have been in there in the ninth inning instead of Bard and the bottom of the ninth might not have been necessary
but all's well that ends well.

That's a wrap for this cool Thursday. Fall is coming, that's for sure. Click on the title of this post for all the details of the Sox win and as always, BE WELL.

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2009 11:03 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Yeah, their left fielder didn't look very interested in catching that fly ball. I'm glad it wasn't our left fielder; I woulda been pissed at that lack of effort.

Pete, have you got any of the latest Beatles stuff? I've been listening to some "new" cds - fun!

 
At 9/18/2009 6:37 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I just received from Amazon the Stereo box set at a great discounted price with shipping of about $180. I side by side listened to one of the 1987 discs with one of the new ones and, as you know, there is absolutely NO comparison. Go to PAST MASTERS and listen to what was originally the B side of the double sided single with PAPERBACK WRITER, a John song called RAIN. I was thunderstruck...literally!!!! The bass line, deep and precious, was amazing, as was Ringo's thunderous and overwhelming drumming.

Thanks, BFW. I mentioned you in my Friday post, by the way.

Oh, I haven't watched the enclosed DVD yet but I plan to today. It's about time we got stereo on the first 4 albums. I remember listening to them that way all those years ago.

Thanks BFW. Let's beat up on the Birdies again. Beatle on, my friend. GO SOX.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home