Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Penny Heads Up For Boston...Red Sox 6 Twins 5...Papi Batting Order Move Iminent

The Boston Red Sox were able to hold on and defeat the Minnesota Twins by a score of 6-5. A "vomiting between innings" Brad Penny earned his fifth win. He pitched five and a third innings and allowed three runs on six hits. He struck out SEVEN and walked none. And he did it while an upset stomach with nausea led to between inning clubhouse breaks. Boston manager Terry Francona said this...

"He'd come out, throw up, laugh, go get 'em," said Terry Francona. "He handled it really well. And I actually thought he threw well even if he wasn't sick. Technically, it wasn't a quality start, but it was for me. He's done his job and he's getting better. We knew what he was going through between innings, and that was impressive. He said every time he threw up, he felt better. I didn't really want to witness that."

I wouldn't either, Tito. Ramon Ramirez continued his string of great appearances, going one and two thirds scoreless and hitless innings. He was followed by Hideki Okajima, bringing us to the ninth inning and Paps time. The score was 6-3 Sox by then because Bailey hit a solo shot in the top of that frame. Jonathon made the game close, too close, giving up a two run tater to Joe Mauer. He got out of it with an outfield fly ball and the Red Sox held on to their one game lead in the AL East. That's the way it should be. It ain't easy, though.

In Big Papi news, he did not play yesterday and most likely he will be moved to the five or six spot in the batting order tonight. That's OK with me. For the second game in a row, Boston had sixteen base hits, led by Mikey Lowell's four. He is simply invaluable to this team.

First pitch time will be at 8:10pm EDT with Jon Lester ready to face Nick Blackburn. Lester had a great outing five days ago and would like to continue that bright trend. He can do it. I know it.

Have a great Tuesday as we start another work week. As always, BE WELL. Oh, GO SOX...first place is nice, oh so nice. Click on this post's title for more Sox news and I'll see ya...soon.

3 Comments:

At 5/26/2009 10:36 AM, Blogger Phillip said...

Hey Peter, The 5th or 6th spot could be just what Papi needs. I hope so. Its like Roberts said if he does not respond after being moved to the 6th spot,then where does he go? I get the feeling Lester is going to have nasty stuff tonight.Well I hope all is well with you. Go Sox!!!

 
At 5/27/2009 5:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey Phillip. That fifth inning killed Lester and his team.

To all my readers:

I just found out the blogger dot com's computers have declared my blog as possible spam. That makes no sense to me but I know someone else it has happened to. I should be able to post in a day or so.

 
At 5/27/2009 6:10 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

It looks like it will be a day or two before I can post. I'm very sorry.
Your blogger, Peter N.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home