Thursday, April 30, 2009

Red Sox Winning Ways Return...Boston 6 Cleveland 5

The Boston Red Sox climbed back from a 5-0 deficit, scoring two runs in the sixth inning and three more in the eighth. The bullpen bailed out Jon Lester, who gave up all five runs before he departed. Okajima earned the win and Papelbon got the save. The hero of the game was rightfielder Jonathon Van Every. All he did was hit a solo tiebreaking home run in the tenth to give the Red Sox yet another victory. He said this after his thrilling heroics...

"This has got to be the top so far in my career,” said Van Every, who played in the Indians’ minor league system from 2000-07. “It’s definitely a special day. I spent seven years of my career trying to figure out a way to get to this point. Luckily I’m here. It couldn’t have happened at a better time. I hit it good. It’s all the power I’ve got.”

I love this team and now it's on to Tampa Bay. I'll have the pitching matchups but first I have to drive my girlfriend Nadia to Hartford so she can catch a bus to NYC. She'll be back later today, God willing. She's the best. She really is. I guess I'm a lucky guy.

Thanks for stopping by yet again. As always, BE WELL. See ya...soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home