Friday, March 06, 2009

AROD Update...Manny's Bitter Words

The future path of AROID is becoming much more clear. Will it be surgery or will it be a rest? Either way, the Yankees are going to need a third baseman. Here's what Yankee general manager Brian Cashman had to say on the subject. Believe me, after that I'll be back with a few words of my own. I mean, how could I resist? Here you go...

“There’s two courses of action concerning what he has,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said yesterday. “There is treat it conservatively, which would imply rest, exercise and treatment. Or you can treat it aggressively, which is by surgery. At this point in time, we are going to go the conservative route. If at some point it’s not working and it’s a problem, then the other one becomes more of a choice,” Cashman said of the surgery option. “Right now, the route we’re going is conservative.”

Cashman is no doctor, but he has spoken to them. I know of other doctors who say that a man in AROID's condition WILL need an operation. I don't know, but it seems certain than the pinstripers will be without him for some time to come.

Now, on to Manny, who needs no other introduction. He had his Los Angeles Dodger press conference yesterday announcing his two year return. The mental giant (or is he just mental?) had this to say, referring directly to his years in Boston with the Red Sox...

“Sometimes it’s better off to have a two-year deal in a place where you’re going to be happy than have an eight-year deal in a place you will suffer,” Ramirez said. "I’m happy I have moved on with my life. To all my friends in Boston, I wish them the best. But that’s in the past. I’ve already moved on. I won getting out of Boston because I’m in a great place,” Ramirez said. “I’m in a place where I want to play and in a place where I’ll be happy. My teammates, they love me; the fans love me.”

Manny, you were SO loved here in Red Sox Nation, but that must have slipped your quirky and confused mind. It doesn't matter. You're in the National League and I wish you the best. Yes, Constant Readers, I wish him the best! We won't see him until October, if then. Before that, the Sox have enough to worry about. Drew, Penny, 'Tek's bat and the Smoltz return come to mind. The injury bug must not keep biting, hungry for warm sweet delicious blood much like a fat mosquito.

That's it for this warm Friday morning. I'm happy you stopped by. There are a few great Sox articles in today's Boston Globe, and all you have to do is click on this post's title to be zapped there. Have a great weekend and as always, BE WELL. Shalom. See ya. Leave a comment or two.

2 Comments:

At 3/06/2009 2:26 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Boy, judging by whats gone on with the yanks in just the first 2 weeks of ST, it should be quite a saga this season. They may be up for some daytime emmys for best soap opera.

And Manny; well, I can only dismiss the words of a mental pygmy. I recently saw some film of him playing baseball in high school and thought how nice of us to let illegal aliens go to our schools.

 
At 3/07/2009 5:31 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Mental pygmy...I like that. I wish I had thought of it...it would have been in my post. I'll file it away for the future, BFW. Thanks and have a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home