Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Red Sox Seem To Have Their Las Vegas Sights On Mark Teixeira, Bigtime...

Hello again...you must be getting sick of me. Just kidding (I hope). Here's the latest buzz (thank you Boston Globe) on the Boston Red Sox and their search for a cleanup hitter. First up, an unidentified MLB person...

“I think he’ll (Teixeira) sign with the Red Sox,” the official said. “They want him. They have a good relationship with agent Scott Boras, and in the end, they have the dollars to make it happen.”

And another MLB unidentified official...

“He is a perfect fit for the Red Sox and Boston,” said another club official. “A guy who plays every day, doesn’t need to be the center of attention, is a good teammate, and can hit like he does, I can’t see the Red Sox letting him get away.”

Peter here, and boy, oh boy, if the Sox can sign Mark, their offensive lineup, top to bottom, will be fearsome, awesomely fearsome once again. I don't think money is an object with John Henry and company. I agree with the last sentence from the last quote.."I can't see the Red Sox letting him get away."

Let's not.

2 Comments:

At 12/09/2008 1:04 PM, Blogger Christine E. said...

Hi Peter:

I think you should see this--as someone who was a friend to Kaylee through her rough times...

I hate to send this, but you deserve to know...

http://kaylee2.wordpress.com/

Hope you are well...

Christine

 
At 12/09/2008 3:20 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you, Christine...I did read her post via the link you sent me. Wow. All I can do is wish her the best...maybe you can tell her that. I didn't leave a comment over there.
Again, thanks...Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home