Monday, November 03, 2008

VOTE! Monday Red Sox News...Ft. Myers, Florida & Dana Point, California.

Happy Monday to one and all! I hope your weekend was a great one and that you're getting ready to vote starting tomorrow morning. There is Red Sox news on this early November day, and I'll give you a few of my thoughts...any more than a few would be dangerous (kidding). I live with my thoughts every day, but I'm going a little nuts because if a doctor says you must have a cortisone shot, in my case in the shoulder joint on Thursday, ya have it. But he did say, rather non-importantly soundingly, that it might have an effect on my blood sugar levels. I have type one diabetes and keeping my blood sugar levels in the normal range (70-110) is very important to me. Hey, I've been great at it! Making a long story short, my sugar levels, and I take 'em six (!!) times a day with insulin four or five times a day, have reacted differently. They've been higher than normal, and I'm more than a little bummed. I can't wait until that cortisone is OUT of my system...I had the shot this past Thursday...I hope its effects will be gone within the week. For the relief it's given me (NOT MUCH!) compared to the dismay of having to adjust all my insulin levels, I WISH I'D NEVER HAD IT! Enough about that...I needed to get it off my chest and I'll be calling my diabetes doctor as soon as 9 am comes by. Bet on it.

The Boston Red Sox have renewed their lease with the city of Fort Myers, Florida. They and their spring training headquarters will remain there for twenty plus years, and that's just great. Next, it's that time of the fall once again...the GM meetings are coming up really soon in Dana Point, California. There are a few select things the Sox front office must and will address. The first is to talk to Scott Boras regarding the possible value of Jason Varitek. As you know, he has filed for free agency. Boston will also inquire about super sub Alex Cora, who they must retain. Sox free agents who will NOT be invited back are Bartolo Colon, Sean Casey and Mike Timlin (thanks Mikey). Boston will listen to trade offers for Coco Crisp, whose value is higher than it's ever been, and Julio Lugo, who is due to pick up way too much money for 2009. A trade for Mike Lowell will not be necessary if their quest for first baseman power switch hitter Mark Teixeira is fruitless. I think they'll go all out to get him. I hope he'll be manning first base next year and for many years to come. He'd be a power machine in the friendly Fenway confines.

That's a wrap for this very early Monday morning. I'll stay on top of everything one day at a time...you'll read everything I can find right here. Come back...please! You can click on this post's title of more on the Sox. As always, BE WELL, and your comments are always welcome and always answered.

2 Comments:

At 12/16/2008 5:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just a slight correction... the Red Sox signed a lease to stay in Lee County. They will be leaving City of Palms park in Fort Myers and moving into a new stadium. Right now, the county is in the process of gathering bids for land parcels and contractors to do the work. It appears the new facility will most likely be in the southern part of the county (near Estero and Bonita Springs) which will make it closer to the airport, beaches, new malls and the resorts. It should be able to accommodate a little under 10,000 people and will be built to look like a replica of Fenway Park.

 
At 12/16/2008 5:34 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you, Jim. Have a great holiday season. Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home