Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Post Called On Account Of Injury...Rays 2 Red Sox 1

The Tampa Bay Rays beat the second place Boston Red Sox by a score of 2-1. Josh Beckett was superlative but Andy Sonnanstine and the Rays' bullpen were one run better. However, I have to make this post a brief one because of my upper left arm/shoulder injury. I have a 9am doctor appointment, so I'll find out if it's broken (No!) soon. Thank you for yesterday's caring comments and I'll let you know everything as soon as I find out what's going on. It's safe to say that on a scale of 1-10, this is "9" pain...the kind that makes you sweat because it hurts SO much.

6 Comments:

At 9/17/2008 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta save that million-dollar typing arm! Hope you'll be toeing the mouse again soon, Peter!

 
At 9/17/2008 10:35 AM, Blogger Rooster said...

Vegas is takign bets on your injury. I put $5 down on torn labrum. (just kidding - hope it is just a sprain!)

Get well!

 
At 9/17/2008 10:35 AM, Blogger Rooster said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9/17/2008 10:38 AM, Blogger Rooster said...

(deleted accidental double post - again!)

 
At 9/17/2008 3:09 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

Jeez, Peter, I hope it's not busted. God's grace on you, my friend.

 
At 9/18/2008 5:31 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks MCW, Sul and Rooster. I went to the doc yesterday and they took about 7 painful XRAYS. NO BREAK--NO FRACTURE, just a deep bruise that will hurt like heck for a few more days. I had to drive virtually one-handed to the doc's office, and that's tough with a six speed. Doc said to ice it one hour on and one hour off...it's 25 % better today--still hurts like hell but not as much. I'm a happy guy who's typing with 2 hands! More in my Thursday post.

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WISHES. Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home