Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's All Or Nothing With Tim Wakefield...Tampa Bay 10 Boston 3

Yes, it's all or nothing at all when Tim Wakefield steps on the mound for the Boston Red Sox. Last start he pitched an 8 inning shutout, the time before he couldn't get out of the 2nd inning. And that was the case Wednesday night at the Trop. Wakes was pulled after giving up 6 runs in the 3rd inning. UGLY! Minnesota lost, so Boston still has a firm hold on the AL wild card spot, but first place is still in the distance, a hazy mirage-like illusion. Only a complete collapse would prevent them from entering the promised land of October wild card play, though. That is NOT going to happen.

I'll be brief about this wipeout except to say that Big Papi is feeling better. He had 2 of the Sox' 6 hits, and they were both home runs. Other than that, though, there WERE no bright spots.

I was able to go to the doctor's office yesterday to find out about my upper arm and lower shoulder. I soon realized that it's tough to drive one-handed while in a 6 speed sports car, but the trip was OK, both ways! After numerous X-Rays, I learned there were no breaks or fractures, just a deep muscle bruise. That explains the severe pain and lack of mobility that I still have, although with all the ice packs yesterday, right now it feels 20% better. But I'm making this post brief once again (and I hate doing that) to head for the freezer and that ice pack. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your kind and caring comments from yesterday and the day before...they meant a lot to me.

You can click on the title of this post to learn more about Wakefield's bumble and the Red Sox stumble. It's another Thursday off day today, and that's a good thing. As always, BE WELL. I think I'm getting there...slowly.

3 Comments:

At 9/18/2008 11:12 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

My 9 year old pick-up is an automatic; why don't we just trade vehicles for awhile? I'll be right over.

Glad to hear nothing's broken. Take care of yourself & I wish you well.

 
At 9/18/2008 11:14 AM, Blogger Rooster said...

Glad to hear it is nothing serious Peter!

A six speed? Very nice!

 
At 9/19/2008 4:57 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Very funny, BFW, and thanks for your concern.

Thanks Rooster...it's a 2008 Black Audi TT Quattro...a little 4 wheel drive go-kart with a big engine. Boy, is it fun to drive (with 2 arms only!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home