Thursday, July 31, 2008

Freefalling **MANNY GO HOME** LAA 9 Boston 2

Josh Beckett was rocked and socked in his 5 1/3 innings and his teammates commited 4 errors in a lazy and indifferent effort as the Red Sox were swept by the LA Angels, who look like the best team in the league if not in all of MLB. Enough about that very forgettable and disgustingly crappy game. Again, Manny is making waves, and with the trading deadline beginning at 4pm EDT (9 1/2 hours from now), here's what he had to say...then you'll read what I have to say back to him (I might not be kind, just honest)...

**********
"Oh, yeah!" Ramirez said as he walked through the clubhouse. "Tax free! Stay at home! The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me," Ramirez told ESPN Deportes Wednesday. "During my years here, I've seen how they have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.
The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy. I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price, and I don't have peace here."

**********
Peter here, and something WILL happen before the trading deadline. And this is to Sir Manny...Manny, just a few scant weeks ago you declared that you wanted to finish your marvelous career with the Sox. THERE'S NO CHANCE OF THAT NOW. Thanks a lot!

Most likely Boston will trade Manny Ramirez to the Marlins of Florida and in return will get Pirate's leftfielder Jason Bay and left-handed reliever John Grabow. But that's all speculation until this afternoon. The Yankees improved themselves and their chances of winning the AL East by trading Kyle Farnsworth and getting in return veteran All Star catcher Pudge Rodriguez. And the Angel's newest player, Mark Teixeira, was manning the first base position last night, so the Red Sox are staring at two teams that have bettered themselves considerably. Live and learn, I guess. WHEN WILL THEY???

This post was more about the Mannyness than about last night's game. Ya know why? Because the Sox put less than nothing in their efforts Wednesday night, so I concentrated on something else. For everything you wanted to know about Boston's shoddy play and the possible trade, simply click on the title of this post. Thanks for popping in, I wish the news was better, and as always, BE WELL.

4 Comments:

At 7/31/2008 12:12 PM, Blogger Matt said...

At this point I just want Manny gone so the story will go away and the team can get focused on winning. As strange as it is to be saying this, getting beyond Manny might be just what the Sox need to win.

 
At 7/31/2008 1:11 PM, Blogger Soxlosophy said...

nice post.

I agree manny isn't helping his teammates, but they're professionals too- shouldn't they be able to play through distractions? there's always something going on in life, on or off the field, and they should tune it out, right?

i guess i have a hard time knowing what actually causes poor play, and what is relatively ancillary.

also, i have a hard time blaming the poor pitching on manny.

also, i fear change, and so don't like trades. :)

 
At 7/31/2008 5:24 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

FW, you got your wish...to YOUR coast. HE WAS A HINDRANCE, but no reliever back? I don't get it.

Soxlosophy, I agree, but what's done has been done. Just about the boggest swap since Nomar. WOW.

 
At 7/31/2008 5:25 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Biggest swap, I meant...I'm a little upset. Thanks guys!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home