Friday, June 20, 2008

SCHILLING...THE END?

This is from the Boston Globe, just a few minutes ago, and I'll be back with something to say...

"Curt Schilling revealed this morning that he will have season-ending surgery on his right shoulder on Monday, saying there was a "pretty decent chance that I've thrown my last pitch forever."
The 41-year-old Red Sox righthander made the disclosure during his weekly interview on sports radio WEEI's Dennis and Callahan show, sounding very much like a player whose career could be over.
"I don't want it to end this way, but if this is the way it has to end, I'm OK with that," Schilling said. "If it's over and my last pitch was in the 2007 World Series, I'm OK with that. I just can't stress enough where I am mentally with this. I have not a regret in the world. ... None of this makes me bitter or angry or pissed. It is what it is. In that sense, honestly, it's very, very easy for me because of what I've been able to experience compared to what I wanted when I first started my career, but if I have some say in how this is gonna end, I want it to be different than what it is right now."

Peter here, and Curt is a person who gave his heart for his team, our team, the Boston Red Sox. Be well, Curt Schilling. You made us all SO happy.

7 Comments:

At 6/20/2008 1:29 PM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

He just posted about this at his blog. I don't really know what to say, but he does a nice job of explaining his thoughts there.

 
At 6/20/2008 3:31 PM, Blogger Leominster said...

It is truly sad about Curt. That being said, there is no doubting his legacy. He is one of the principal reasons that the Red Sox are now looked upon as a team of champions, and no longer as a team that was never quite good enough or lucky enough to reach the Promised Land. He will forever go down in Red Sox history as the consummate winner. His toughness, his dedication and his leadership have changed our team forever. And we will never forget him.

 
At 6/20/2008 4:12 PM, Blogger s1c said...

I fully expect the Rays to sign Curt next year at the All star break. The fire is still there and with the way this injury was handled by the Sox ther is no way he will ever pitch for the Sox again.

So long big guy and I hope to see you make the HOF in 10 years.

 
At 6/21/2008 5:11 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks for the link, Brittany...I'd already stopped there but I'm sure someone else will follow your lead. Thank you.
Leominster, you sure are right. He led us to our first world championship in 86 years. Sure, there were other players who were mighty on the '04 team, but he LED us in the postseason. I'll never forget him. Ever.
Thanks for the comments!!

 
At 6/21/2008 5:12 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

s1c, I would be totally surprised if he pitched elsewhere, but who knows what will happen after the upcoming surgery. Good luck to him...I KNOW he wouldn't pitch for the Yanks, though.

 
At 6/21/2008 5:22 PM, Blogger s1c said...

Peter - I agree that he would not pitch for the yankees, but I think that if he can pitch after the surgery he will pitch, it just won't be with the Sox.

 
At 6/22/2008 6:00 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I just hope he will be able to pitch...a person's health is the most important thing to me! Thanks s1c.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home