Saturday, June 07, 2008

Sad News...Jim McKay Passes...

Jim McKay, the sports voice for so many generations of sports fans all over our world, passed away today. He will be missed. Jim, thank you for everything. I'll leave you with this..

"Spanning the globe...the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat."

Today, we ALL feel defeated. Every one of us. Jim, you were SO good and you made everything SO much better while we marveled at your talent to catch our attention and HOLD IT, no matter what sporting event was lucky enough to have your voice to guide us. Thank you for that. Rest in peace, my lifelong friend.

Click on the title to learn more about this sports legend. He is exactly that...

7 Comments:

At 6/07/2008 11:34 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I grew up to Jim, in Brooklyn on ABC:

He was "THE Voice Of ABC Sports";

He was there at the Munich Tragedy in 1972

 
At 6/07/2008 12:45 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

He wasn't just THERE, he was the voice of the unfolding tragedy. And he brought me up and made me love sports...thanks Mike!!!!!!

 
At 6/07/2008 4:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

His famous utterance on worldwide TV when he learned that the '72 Israeli team had been killed...

"THEY'RE ALL GONE." I will never forget.

 
At 6/07/2008 5:37 PM, Blogger Matt said...

He was great on Wide World of sports and for the Olympics when they actually mattered.

It is nice to hear Dick Stockton on Fox today, much like when he was on TV38 broadcasting the Sox many years ago.

 
At 6/07/2008 5:57 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know, FW...and it's 6-2..Timmy was great. Why was? Because he's thrown 105 plus...Hansen? ENJOY!! I am!!!!!

 
At 6/07/2008 5:59 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I remember Stockton, but before him, there was Ned (OH MERCY!) and Ken Coleman. And Curt...but I'm getting before my time...I just want to win this game...GREAT JOB TIMMY. Into the top 'o the 8th...

 
At 6/07/2008 6:00 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

PLEASE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home