Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Bullpen Massacre For The Yankees Over The Red Sox

Let me begin this rather short Thursday morning post by giving you the score of the Yankee-Red Sox game from last night, inning by inning. After 1, it was 3-1 NY, after 2, it was 3-2 NY, and after 3, it was still 3-2. During the fourth, things began to get out of hand for starter Buchholz, PEMANENTLY. At least for the night. The Sox scored 1 in the top of the frame to tie the game at 3 but New York chased Clay with 4 runs of their own in the bottom of the inning. Buch had thrown 85 pitches in just 3 2/3 innings. NOT ACCEPTABLE. So after 4 complete, it was 7-3 Bad Guys. But the Red Sox never gave up (that's why we love them!) and scored 6 in the top of the fifth, but the Yankees came up with another 4 spot off of terrible, at least for this appearance, Julian Tavarez, and led 11-9. Boston's scoring was finished for the night, and the Yankees added yet another 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th to conclude the night's run tally. Mike Timlin was the 8th inning "sad sack" pitcher and for the third time in 4 mound appearances he literally stunk up the place. That aroma travelled all the way to north central Connecticut, to my backyard, in fact. He was THAT ineffective. His ERA is a dandy 27.00. Stay in the 'pen, Mike, unless the Sox have a double digit lead. Final score was an ugly 15-9 in favor of the New York Yankees, who were the better of the two clubs, at least for one night. Wang's pitches just did not have that signature sink, and he was dead meat. The same thing was true about the Sox hurlers, save one (Aardsma).

Kevin Youkilis fouled a ball squarely off his left big toe, and he is doubtful for tonight's game. Thank goodness there was no break. He and Manny are our hottest hitters. As for the bullpen, only Aardsma was great. Buchholz, Tavarez and Timlin would have been better off watching this game at home! But we have our best going tonight, Josh "Baseball" Beckett, and he'll be facing the aging veteran, Mike Mussina. As I said in my Wednesday post, I favored the Yankees in game one and the Red Sox in game two. Let's hope that proves to be the case. And may we all TURN THE PAGE! Together....NOW!!

Click on this post's title for everything you wanted or didn't want to know about the Wednesday night bullpen massacre, and as always, BE WELL. We'll get 'em tonight. I just KNOW it! And I'd love to respond to your comments. It might take me a while to get to them (the latest would be in the early morning hours), but I will. Promise. Would I let you down? Nevah!!

6 Comments:

At 4/17/2008 11:04 AM, Blogger DPS said...

The only good thing I can say is that, after talking with some Yankee fans this morning, they are decidedly not in gloat mode. They seem to be of the mind that the only good thing about last night's game was that they got a "W" while we got an "L".

 
At 4/17/2008 12:42 PM, Blogger Rooster said...

dps - that is true. Even if the Sox had won, it would have been a sort of embarassing win. That is very "rational" of those Yankee fans!

Work is busy, so I'm posting late today Peter. I think we will be right in the predicitons. I'm looking for Beckett to go 7, and Okajima and Papelbon to wrap it up. Sox should hit Mussina pretty well if they are careful with the nasty breaking stuff.

Lastly, you mentioned Youk and Manny as the hottest hitters - you gotta give props to my man JD Drew who is still on fire!

(I loved the smell analogy - nice!)

 
At 4/17/2008 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At 4/18/2008 6:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

DPS, maybe the Yankee fans you've talked to realize that their starting rotation will not take them far.
Rooster, Becks went 8, so Okie is fresh and ready to go. Paps tossed 24 last night, so he will get Friday night off.
And GPS, thank you for the kind words. I will look up your blog and add it to my link list.
EVERYONE, thanks guys! You all are the best, and you make writing this blog of Red Sox love all worthwhile. And that makes me SO happy.

 
At 4/18/2008 6:43 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

GPS, is your blog about Global Positioning Satellinght service? I'm not sure. You can leave a comment here or email me at this address..

peter1210@sbcglobal.net or..
peternabs@gmail.com

Thanks, and that goes for everybody. My email addy is also availalble when you go to my blog profile.

 
At 4/18/2008 6:46 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Sattelight...I cannot spell that word. Even now! I'm sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home