Saturday, March 22, 2008

MANNY Making Sense!

His words, not mine. But I like 'em. Here you go. He addresses his eventual home run totals, and SO much more...

"Just another milestone that I'm going to accomplish," Ramírez said before the Red Sox' 6-5 exhibition win over the Hanshin Tigers Saturday, of reaching 500 home runs. "But my train doesn't stop there. Six hundred. I want to play because I love the game. If I play six more years, why not? I'm pretty sure I'm going to reach it.
"If my body feels good, I'm going to keep playing. Why stop? You love the game, why you've got to stop? Age is just a number."
Ramírez, who will be 36 in May, has said this spring that he is not just hoping but expecting the Red Sox to pick up both options on his contract, each for a year at $20 million. "They're not stupid," Ramírez said. "They know. They know I can play and I'm ready. That's it. I'm going to get the two options, then I'm going to get a four-year deal. I'm just going to go and get it."

Peter here. Sir Manny said it, and I posted it. Thanks to the Saturday Boston Globe and their "Manny" article, which is linked when you click on the title of this post. Did you smile, just as I did? I hope so. Now click! Happy Easter...I'll be back first thing in the morning.

2 Comments:

At 3/22/2008 11:12 PM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

Yep, I smiled. How could anyone not with a speech like that?

Happy (early) Easter!

 
At 3/23/2008 5:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And the same to you times ten! I was just about to go over to your blog, but I'd bertter write a post first. P.S. I have NO idea what I will write about, yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home